COVID 19 Emergency Assistance Program
The Guardian Ad Litem Foundation of Tampa Bay is here to help abused and neglected children and the families that care for them in Pinellas and Pasco Counties. We will provide financial support to caregivers who have experienced economic disruption to reduce placement changes and additional stress and hardships.
Who Qualifies as a Caregiver? Any child or family impacted by abuse or neglect and has is/was involved in the dependency system. Examples include:
- A relative caring for children who have been removed from their parent(s)
- A non-relative (neighbor or friend) caring for children who have been removed from their parent(s)
- A foster family caring for children in foster care
- A biological parent that recently reunified with their children within the last year
- Any caregiver that had a case close in permanent guardianship within the last year
Financial Assistance Is Available For:
- Rent/Mortgage Payment
- Utility Payment-Electric/Water/Internet/Phone
- Car Insurance or Car Payment
- Emergency Food Assistance
- Basic Needs (Clothing, Diapers, Formula, etc.)
Eligibility Requirements: Household income is considered for eligibility and reporting purposes. This program is funded by different entities with different income requirements. As a rule of thumb, please use the guidelines below (200% of the 2020 Federal Poverty Guidelines) at the time of application. Applications above 200% FPL will be considered on a case by case basis.
Funding is limited to one-time assistance or a maximum of $1,500.
- Supporting documentation will be required prior to payment.
- Household income will be reviewed based on the time of application. This means your income may have exceeded 200% of FPL prior to income disruption and you would still be eligible.
- Payments will be made to the vendor and will not be provided to the caregiver/applicant or on a reimbursement basis.
- Pinellas County residents should first apply for Pinellas CARES Financial Assistance
Submission of A Request: Submit an online request here: https://bit.ly/2zReE8k
- Have required documents ready. A complete list of documents needed is provided below.
- The application is mobile friendly. If you do not have access to a scanner, complete the application from your phone and you will be able to attach your documentation as photos.
- For a complete how-to with photos, please download the Covid-19 Financial Assistance How To Document.
- Once you begin a form, you cannot save and return to it. Please plan on completing the request in one entry (requires approximately 10 minutes).
- If you should have any questions on how to fill out this form please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests will be reviewed with in 48hrs.
Documents Needed: If you are unable to upload back-up at time of submission, it will delay approval. If you have tried completing the application from your phone and are still unable to submit documentation, you can email it to email@example.com.
- Current bill or lease
- Eviction or late notice or proof of outstanding bill
- Proof of Residency:
AND any 1 of the following
- Utility bill
- Vehicle registration
- Voter Identification card
- Proof of Income:
- All adult household members must be submitted.
- Documentation is required for a minimum of the previous 30 days.
- Acceptable documentation examples may include pay stubs, employer letters, or last 3 months of bank statements.
- Proof of Hardship (Since 3/1/2020):
- Layoff or furlough notice
- Proof of reduction in hours or loss of job due to COVID-19
- Demonstration/notice of reduction in force by business or that place of business has closed
- Financial Attestation Form